Wednesday, September 9, 2009

OK, so here i finally is!!!! It's been so long since I updated, sorry for the delay, but it's been a crazy past few days. These tests are a few days old now, so I will update you ll on what's been going on.
So, we were camping a week and a half ago again, which was right around the time I knew I would be itching to be peeing on all sorts of sticks, squinting my yes ad holding the pee stick up in different lights to try my damndest to see that beautiful pink line. I knew if I took any tests with me, that I would constantly be obsessing about it and trying to find ways to go off on my own and pee on a stick. Instead, I decided not to take any tests with me, and just try and have a good time with my hubby, step-son, sis-in-law and her family. The days passed quickly, though the thought of whether or not I was pregnant was never far from my mind.
The days were beautiful, sunny and warm, an the nights a different story. The nights were cold. Very cold. I thought for sure we would wake up with frost on the ground and on our tent. Sure enough, during the nights I had to get up and pee about 3 times, which I NEVER do. I was also feeling bloated and constipated (sorry, tmi) so when we finally got home, I had to pee super bad and decided to pee on a stick. I was only 12 days past ovulation and was not expecting to see a second line, so I just used a dollar store cheapie. Sure enough, there was a faint little pink line. Now I know many people who gt false positives on those dollar store tests, so I decided to try a Internet cheapie as well. Sure enough, a second pink line. My hands were shaking at this point ad I was till not sure I believed it. I decided to try a Clear Blue Easy test AND a First Response test. Both came up with positive (you can see the first resp. test in the pic at the top, top test).
I went outside to tell my hubby, who by this time was a little peeved at me for taking so long since he already had almost everything unpacked from the car and trailer. I must of had some stage look on my face, because the first thing he said to me was "what's wrong". I simply told him I was pregnant. He didn't believe me and kept asking how I knew, and when I said I peed on 4 tests, and te only thins he had to say was "well why did you pee on 4?" Finally after what must of only been a minute or two, but felt like a hour, he came over to me and hugged me as I stood there and cried. After we went inside, I showed him the tests and he still was not sure if he believed it. I was only 12 dpo, and the lines were still lighter then the control line, and to him, they should be the same colour if I was pregnant. I finally had to pee on a digital for him to see the YES+ and finally believe that I am indeed pregnant.
I took the first tests at 12 dpo, 3 weeks and 1 day. I called my doctor the next day to order some blood work.
13 dpo beta = hcg level 61.5
15 dpo beta = hcg level 206.6
Doubling time of 27.34 hours
So right now, although I am at higher risk of having another ectopic pregnancy, I am hoping that this one will be a good pregnancy. I know that you can't tell anything yet by my Numbers since at this early there is still plenty of room to grow in my tubes, but I have a good feeling about this one.
First ultrasound will be done on September 21, and we will know whether or not our precious little bean is in the right place or not.


  1. Congratulations Dawn! Praying this bean sticks!

  2. Yay!!! i'm so happy for ya.. I keep checking here as well. Congrats again, praying fo u. Love reading ur blog...
    yogalover from youtube..

  3. Oh my God! Really dawn! Please keep us all posted! I hope we ( will be sending you pregnancy products to review soon. Hurray!! -Amy

  4. I just realized... you were taking FertilAid!